Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Introducing Cade, the Config ADmin Extender

The OSGi Alliance is working on enhancements to the OSGi ConfigAdmin and some of the experimentation have been unveiled by Peter Kriens in a recent blog. The point is I was in need for enhancing the Apache Karaf blueprint configurations to be more dynamic, for example to restart the SSH server if its configuration had changed.

So I decided to start hacking on this idea and create cade, the Config ADmin Extender. The project is really small and allows you to easily access OSGi configurations in a type-safe manner. It seems to work quite well, so I plan to start using it in Karaf for the various parts that need a bit of dynamism for handling configuration changes.

I haven't done any release yet, but I hope to do that really soon. The source code is Apache Licensed, so feel free to have a look and provide feedback.

No comments: